Social media is interesting. I have a love, hate relationship with it. It’s a way to promote a business, earn money, laugh, and make connections with others. It can also cause a lot of anxiety, anger, and strife as well. Either way, social media is here to stay. Here are my tips when it comes to living a healthy and normal life when it comes to social media!
- Watch your time usage. Make sure it’s just right for you and that you aren’t “wasting time” and being acclimated to it’s “perfect aesthetic” (life doesn’t and shouldn’t look like IG all the time)
- Take breaks from it – set aside time (from 1 hour to 5 months) to stay off of it, if you can
- Unfollow! Unfollow celebrities, influencers, toxic people, etc. Unfollow anyone who makes you feel like crap
- Remember, you don’t have to buy everything advertised to you to be happier (or prettier)
- Follow uplifting accounts that teach you new things and challenge you
- Follow accounts related to your passions (for me, it’s filmmaking and books, so I follow a lot of film and book lover accounts)
- Instead of posting YOU, post something about you or something you enjoy (I post poetry sometimes)
- Don’t be afraid to follow others, comment, and make new friends – especially if these people inspire and uplift you
- Find your people (a community) but make sure they are worth your time and efforts. You don’t wanna get involved with people who will negatively effect you as a person
- Control your anger and words – as we know, tweets can ruin lives these days. In other words, think before you write or post.
- Remember that it’s ok to keep things private and that you don’t always have to update others and post to social media. Keeping things private can reinstate meaning to something
- Don’t take anything seriously – a lot of people lie, scam, and cheat on social media. Sometimes the people who look like that have it all are the ones who need the most help
- Have a sense of humor – laugh! Choose laughter and humor over anger, bitterness, and grudges!
- Utilize the opportunity socical media really gives us – the ability to be creative/express our creativity! Create all the tweets, posts, memes, reels, and TikToks with good, cool, different, and amazing content.
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed these quick social media tips. Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply